Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Blog Response 4

This week I looked at Interactive Narratives again. As I was exploring the website I found a link to Political Pumpkins so I was curious to see how politics and pumpkins could be combined in one website. Clicking on the link led me to a gallery of eleven different pumpkins somehow tied to the election and campaign trail. There are pumpkins for democrats, republicans or even voting. When clicking on the pumpkin you can either enlarge it or click to download a template to print out so you too can make pumpkins with your political preferences. I find this creative because some people really do like to show their political pride and instead of doing so with those big signs that everyone has, why not do so with pumpkins? This is simply a creative take on politics and it’s so interesting to see just how obscure some interactive projects are. I never thought to look up pumpkin carving online but now I will have to look it up for whatever I want to carve in case they have templates like this website. Even more interesting is that it comes from the Associated Press of all places and it is not just some random person who came up with this concept on a private website.

No comments: